What’s the opportunity?
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting business sales and marketing efforts through the development and execution of various projects designed to identify new business opportunities, increase client base, and sales revenue. The Marketing Specialist will coordinate with Headquarters to plan sponsored events, webinars, seminars, and training and obtain marketing materials provided. This position will also develop print and electronic resources, including writing byline articles and press releases, and disseminate to the appropriate media channels.
What will I be doing?
A key aspect of this position will include brand management. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for engaging clients, associates, and candidates through social media. Information shared about or on behalf of the Company must always be professional, articulate, and courteous.
- Identifies opportunities to host or participate in networking events
- Plans client and employee appreciation events
- Plans and coordinates job fairs with local schools/colleges/universities, food banks, and other community outreach programs
- Coordinates charity events
- Creates and distributes event announcements and related marketing collateral
- Coordinate and promote web and in-person leadership workshops
- Coordinate guest speakers for leadership and special events
- Coordinates event logistics (venue, catering, materials, etc.)
- Manages event set-up, clean-up, and any follow-up needed
Print and Digital Advertising
- Liaisons with Headquarters to capitalize on all corporate marketing materials offered
- Designs and coordinates production and distribution of marketing materials
- Writes byline articles and press releases and disseminates to local media outlets
- Manages all Company’s social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) in an effort to attract new viewers
- Monitors Company’s social media presence.
- Alerts Owners to any online conversations about the company and recommends appropriate response
- Develops and manages local Company’s websites
- Creates and disseminates e-blasts showcasing highly skilled candidates
- Develops sales contests and incentive programs
- Organizes client and associate of the month programs
- Purchases and presents birthday gifts to clients and associates
- Conducts market research and analytics, including client focus groups and surveys
- Researches leads found on/in job boards, corporate websites, classified ads, newspaper articles, trade publications, and other sources
- Utilizes networking events to identify new business opportunities
- Maintains relationships with local colleges and trade schools
- Maintains marketing budget
- Coordinates staff birthday and anniversary celebrations with Human Resources to post on social media and send appropriate email (with employee permission)
- Performs other related duties as necessary and assigned
What skills do I need?
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient presentation skills are required
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Weekly and a variety of social media platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn
- Strong attention to detail, creativity, and organization skills
- Strong customer service orientation and work well with a key variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to playing a meaningful role in the growth of the company, you will receive:
- Competitive salary ($40k to $50K) and commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Options
- 401K with access to a retirement advisor
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Educational reimbursement
- World class training and mentoring programs
- Employee recognition awards and incentives
- Significant professional growth opportunities
This is a direct hire position located in the Conejo Valley area. Please call for additional information.
Job Ref. #: 44RQ
Location: Oxnard, CA
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.